Thursday, January 10, 2008

Welcome

Hello there wannabe wine snobs!

First, a little background...I started drinking wine back when I was in college when I thought that Paul Mason Burgundy was the best ever. I loved that it came in a carafe that I could reuse for flowers, or orange juice or whatever. If a bottle had a pretty label, I'd buy it and I expected ten dollars to get me a jug of Rhine Wine and hopefully have a few bucks left for popcorn or ... beer. Although my wine choices were unstudied at the time, I knew that I loved wine. Ah the good old days.

Post graduation I met up with some fellow wine lovers who introduced me to Ravenswood Zinfandel. Wow! This stuff was expensive at $10 for 750ml, but it was well worth it. I was soon introduced to other new and exciting California wines and I even had the chance to take a quick trip to Napa and Sonoma. Along the way I began collecting unique bottles, joined wine clubs, and took many a tasting course.

And so a blossoming oenophile was born. Since then I've been drinking my way though many countries and studying all the way. I've never been the sort of person to look down on someone for what they drink. My motto is to drink what you love, and keep trying what you don't. Taste buds get bored and evolve and you never know what you will be drinking next year. I hope that you enjoy my posts and really learn to love tasting wine in this snob free zone! Please feel free to comment on ANYTHING, sample the wines I recommend, and email me on topics that you would like me to cover. Happy Tasting and CHEERS!

No comments: